Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hear the Music............Feel the Music

Living in such a small town makes it hard for those of us who love what can be termed new or alternative rock. I just call it rock, not to be confused with scream-o music, hip hop, rap or country. We do not get concerts and when one is close by 1 1/12 to 4 hours away no one wants to go...:(

Us gals, actually met out of town at a New Medicine, Emphatic, and Art of Dying Concert.

Through the years of listening to band such as, Puddle of Mudd, GodSmack, Korn, Disturbed, Blue October, Evanescence so forth and so on, people would tell me I was listening to hate music, dark music, evil music and depressing music.

I did not understand why others could not hear what I heard. I have been thinking about this blog for some time now as a place to talk about music and concerts "From Where We Stand".

Our hope is to share our concert experiences in hopes that it will inspire others to pack a bag, get a ticket and get to a concert and feel the energy. As well, we hope to inspire others to take a moment and listen hear the music and feel the music.

While Country music tends to be cry in your beer (I do like to dance to country), the Rock of today takes the kick in the gut and gets up and moves on, calls a duck a duck. Someone asked me if I was nuts when I said I heard inspiration while listening to Adalita's Way on a trip. It gave me just what I needed at the moment to move along. Now I am not saying there are not songs that are just not that way, but overall we hear great inspiration in this musical class.They say the things we need to hear the things we deny.

10 Years
"Shoot It Out"
You can be rest assured
You give them all you got and you give them a little more
You never even know what for
They feed and they suck until you unconscious
It's never enough until they kill your subconscious...I am not gonna fight you're war



This is music that gets your blood pumping..especially when you see how much energy and effort the band puts into a show for you the fan... It is amazing.
..

No comments:

Post a Comment